Thursday, October 6, 2011

Questions, no answers....yet

Back in May my roommate and sister got engaged. I thought, oh, yeah, I have plenty of time to figure out what and where I'm at by the time my roommate gets married. I should know by then if I'm staying in Chicago, getting married or even if and who I will live with after she leaves.

We talked last night and it started to hit me that she is leaving SOON. End of February to be exact. Our lease is up April, I don't know what to do.

My job commitment was for a year, that is up in December, but at this point I have no reason to tell them I'm leaving, as far as they know, I'm staying.

End of February is not a great time for having a new roommate join the apartment, but something will work out.

Do I renew the lease? Or do I find a new place and move? Again the question of roommates, or should I find a place I can afford for myself? If I do move and keep my job, I probably would have to get a car. If I get a car, I have to get insurance.

If I were to move, the most logical location would be back to the neighborhood I lived in just after graduation. I end up out there three times at least a week now. But then, if I move out there, why not just apply for full time ministry with ICI?

But my heart's tug is to go overseas. I cannot ignore this. What am I suppose to do?

Recently the church I had been attending for almost 3 years stopped meeting, and most of my close friends are no longer in the city.

Now seems like the most logical time to go, but I am at such a loss as to what and where. There are so many options and I don't feel led to any. What am I suppose to do?

Just the things that are rolling around in my head...I am scared and uncertain... I know He is faithful... I know He will lead.... I know I have to trust Him.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I am praying for you. That sounds rough. I hope you get some clarity, listen to where you heart is tugging you though! God works in the hearts of man (2 Corinthians 3, it is the place He writes Himself, it is where it starts for good works that glorify Him...I just wrote a post on this.) I miss you!

    ReplyDelete