Saturday, June 26, 2010

Jeremiah 29:11

This verse rang through my head tonight as I walked from dinner with Rome teammates to see Luke. I don't even know what to feel or think right now and the words of truth in Jeremiah 29:11 are such a comfort knowing that He has a plan for me, a future of hope, plans that will not harm me, plans to protect and provide and encourage. If I seek Him with all of my heart I will find Him. That is what I want, maybe that is why I'm struggling right now with feeling mixed about all that is going on in my life. I need to cast it at His feet and just live day by day in surrender to Him. I must seek Him with all that I am. He is the only One worth it to make life satisfying and bring about completeness. My identity is in Him and that is all that matters. He is the One who puts the smile on my face each morning and gives me motivation to make it through each day. He is the reason I live. The kids song "If I Were a Butterfly" has been an encouragement to me this week. The words "I just want to thank You Father for making me me! Because You gave me a heart, and You gave me my smile, You gave me Jesus and You made me Your child, and I just want to thank You Father for making me me! Those words I have heard since I was a child but it wasn't until last Saturday that I heard that song by a little girl in my church that I began to think about the immense truth in those words! What a declaration! That is really who I am! I should be thinking more about who Christ is and who I am to conform to, rather than all my short-comings and failures that can be so blinding.

Lord please have Your way in my life. Give discernment and show me where to walk. I give myself to You. My greatest desire is to serve You. You are my passion and reason to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment