Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Six Weeks

Six weeks is a long time to get to know someone new. A year ago today my new friend at the time were wandering around a foreign city with other new friends from different parts of the world. The only thing that brought us together was Jesus.

Six weeks. Did I even realize how special this person was in my life when I met her for the first time? Did I realize that she would be the only other real friend I stay in contact with via phone?

Now as I just hung up that phone after catching up on life, I realize just how blessed I am to have her in my life. Each time I talk with her I feel refreshed and encouraged to look at life a little differently. She did that tonight, she worded my thoughts so well and helped me to know what to ask God for in a more clear, distinct manner.

I long for relationships like this where people spurn one another on. Oh how we need that. Isn't that what we are called to? Isn't that what discipleship is? Following Jesus and helping others follow Him? Sounds good, sign me up.

Thank You God for Janae, oh how You have used her in my life to show me more of Yourself. If all my internship did in the positive light was Janae, I am thankful for that!

Little did I know that six weeks would be enough time to connect so deeply with someone and in such a way that most of my other friends cannot relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment