Sunday, July 25, 2010

Clutter

Just arrived back from COP at Avant for the last two weeks and not only does all the information received there overwhelm me, but also the place I currently live, the job I have and all that has to be done to get anywhere from here.

Today I am realizing how important it is for me to have a home in order... if I don't have my home in order, my life feels even more out of order. Everything in the home has a place it belongs, and it should be there. Dust doesn't belong, and neither does the dirt. So now that laundry is in the wash, clean dishes are put away, and the table wiped, it was time to sit at the computer and vent. But pressing down on me is the knowledge of possibly rotting food in the fridge, all the dusty shelves in the living room, the stacks of boxes, books, and clutter in the bedroom, and all the dirty dishes in the sink... oh yeah, and to clean myself and the bathroom. Oh boy. And this is all just the apartment??? Wow. To think that all of that stuff has to be done and yet tomorrow I hit the grind stone again working with Micah & Matty all day, and then being totally exhausted when I get home. What do I do about the food I don't have? What about support raising? I don't feel organized there either. Oh dear, what about a budget? Where is the time to get these things done? And then Luke, sweet Luke, thankfully he's so patient with me. I just hope the next week doesn't kill me! Lord, help me to not forget You through the busyness. As I spend time with You, please give me the motivation and strength to get this never ending list of overwhelming things done. Season my words to others with grace and love, help me to not speak out of my stress to those I care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment