Thursday, July 15, 2010

Crying

Today multiple times I just wanted to cry. I couldn't though. This happens from time to time, and I don't know how much it plays into my monthly cycle, but I just can't get the tears to come even though I know how much it would really help things chemically in my body to get some tears out!

I think that this problem stems from the lie that was instilled in me from a young age that crying is wrong and that my parents would give me something to really cry about. Sure, our emotions can be overbearing and we need to be careful to not live by them alone, but they are from God too, and sometimes I wish that I could just cry. I have no problem choking up in a cheesy Hallmark movie or even those Christian ones... but other times, I just don't have the tears that so badly want to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment