Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Best Friend's Wedding

In less than a week my best guy friend will be married. It is hard to believe the reality of this statement. I will be there, watch his beautiful bride walk down the aisle to him, exchange vows of commitment to each other before guests and before the Father God. It will most likely be all in Portuguese, but that doesn't matter, I'm just so glad I get to be there. What a celebration! Again, hard to believe this day is down to single digits and less than a week away. I remember back when he first told me they started dating, I was beyond happy.

He is one of those people in my life who will always, no matter the circumstance or miles and countries that separate us, we will always and forever be friends. There is nothing, nothing at all that will or could change that. I am so so so thankful for such a good friend, someone who has stretched, challenged, encouraged and fought with me. He has seen me at my worst and at my best. He is one of the few people who can laugh at my silliness, and one of the few guys I feel totally and completely comfortable around. And he is one of the few people outside my family I can get totally annoyed with and still love them so so so much.

I'm so excited to finally meet in person, face-to-face, this wonderful woman who gets to share life with Nate starting next Saturday!! What a joy! However, I am not jealous, I'm rather relieved and again, so so so thankful God has put her in his life and drawn them to commit to living and loving each other for the rest of their lives. What a wonderful thing.

And how exciting it will be to see the land where my dear friend's heart lies. The place where he grew up and the place he belongs. I am so excited to see the ministry his family is a part of and the history of his family that has carried on through 3 generations. This is exciting. I am so blessed to have these people in my life and even more to have such a good friend, who has shown me the love of Jesus in the way he interacts and just lives his life.

Brasil...here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment