Thursday, February 24, 2011

Random Thoughts

Just some things that occupy part of my mind throughout the day:

I want to collage a new journal so I can pray/vent on my lunch breaks.

Eating steak and potatoes.

Getting a pedicure.

I dream of a massage... Never had a real (professional) one, but it sure sounds amazing.

Living life in another country. Experiencing challenges of life in a culture that is not my own.

Lots of other things fill my mind throughout the day, such as wondering if that cute guy really does like me or if I even exist in his world. And being completely terrified of the thought of getting serious with a guy, but struggling because I want to! Like my friend said a few months ago, do I like the idea of a guy more than the reality of it all? That is still a challenging question for me.

So God knows the desires of my heart? I feel that I must leap out in faith whether I'm single or not, so maybe I'm coming to a place where my 'identity' is not so much on my singleness, but more so on the person of Christ and how much I must have complete faith and trust in Him. No matter what today or tomorrow brings, faith is a necessity. So is it taking faith to walk over to that cute boy and say hi, sit for a bit and chat? I have no idea, but I was so nervous and so glad I did sit for a bit!

Pleasures in life are not bad. The little pleasures we are given in this life help us have a little bite-size candy piece of how pleasurable Heaven will be and that is what I long for. TO enjoy the presence of my God forever. I cannot even imagine. I don't think we even have any idea or can begin to comprehend all that God has in store for those who will spend eternity with Him. Oh glory!

Anyhow, these are the things that have been on my mind lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment