Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sara Groves

I'm in love with Sara Groves' music. I love the words to her songs and just how powerful and meaningful the messages are that ring through her voice and tickle my ears. It seriously touches my soul and warms my heart. I feel the words that she has written in these songs are messages from God to me as He holds my hand and whispers so sweetly to me, assuring me of all my fears and insecurities, just to cast it on Him, that all I am and ever hope to be is safe and secure in Him. I feel His love and presence through these songs.

From the song "Conversations":
The only thing that isn’t meaningless to me
Is Jesus Christ and the way he set me free.

And today especially this song has been playing through my head since the moment I woke up, "He's Always Been Faithful":

Morning by morning I wake up to find
the power and comfort of God's hand in mine.
Season by season I watch him amazed, in
awe of the mystery of his perfect ways


CHORUS:
All I have need of his hand will provide.
He's always been faithful to me

I can't remember a trial or a pain he did
not recycle to bring me gain. I can't
remember one single regret in serving
God only and trusting his hand

CHORUS

This is my anthem, this is my song, the
theme of the stories I've heard for so long.
God has been faithful, he will be again.
His loving compassion, it knows no end.

CHORUS

No comments:

Post a Comment