Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Weak Heart

This past summer I ventured into the ER for my first visit. My chest had been hurting for some time and I was concerned that I had a heart problem. Thankfully, I walked out of the ER with good news, no heart problem! Just 'stressed' muscles around the bones in my chest.

I'm thankful my weak heart is not physical, but today I feel that that would be easier to deal with. My weak heart is the one that lies within. The one that us young girls are told the 'guard'.

I don't know if it is just one of those days I woke up and my aching and longing to be loved by another was just greater than an average day or what, but there I sat on my breakfast break, alone and thinking about the past and the heart break that has left my weak heart in the shambles and tears it is now. And to think about how God is healing me, never forsaking me.

However, those thoughts could not stay long, no, my 20 minutes was up, my breakfast devoured. So I set about my work, distracting myself from the heart-ache that I knew was inside.

Lunch was spent with a splendid friend. We had an incredible time 'enjoying God's creation' and again, sat wondering about the place I am now.

Upon returning to my work yet again, determined to distract myself from the reality of the heart-ache, I turned the corner into my office, quickly grabbing something, as my eyes caught an unfamiliar object on my desk! Flowers. Chocolate. My heart leaped! I read the sweet note, and thanked God (audibly??!!) for my wonderful roommate who had no clue the struggle that had been my day so far. Just to be reminded that I do matter, that I am loved. That it doesn't have to come from a guy, but that I do have people in my life that care about me. I am touched. My heart is full. Really, overwhelmed. She didn't know how much I needed that.

That my friends, is the Holy Spirit. Praise Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment