Thursday, February 3, 2011

Grace in All Things

This week is the busiest at my place of work for the entire year. And to top that off we got a record snowstorm/blizzard. Oh but to top that off, Tuesday my roommate & I signed a lease, and we were planning to move every night this week, and get all the big stuff on Saturday. And to top that off, I've been sick.

How appropriate is the theme to this year's Founder's Week at Moody Bible Institute that has been occupying most of my time and thoughts at my job this week, The Riches of His Grace. I have had the opportunity to hear each nightly message, either by way of the online streaming, or being in the auditorium because I was stranded on campus due to the storm, but nonetheless, these messages have been profoundly amazingly good.

I don't know if I have just been extremely hungry for God's Word, but He has spoken to me in each of these messages. And the resounding Word from Him is that His grace is powerful and perfect. I can and do experience His grace.

I have seen His grace more at work in my life this week than I have thought to take notice of in a while.

The simple things you know, like the kind person who left two little pieces of chocolate on my desk yesterday, only God knew how much that meant to me and brightened the crazy business and stress that I was engulfed in. Only God knew how much it meant to me that a sweet guy walked up to me and gave me his free drink at the campus coffee shop, just because, and in front of a lot of people. Only God brought those dozens of bagels to be delivered despite yesterday's crazy storm, even after I had made a few calls, each confirming to me that the company was closed and we would not receive our bagels, that was no challenge for Him, He brought them.

Only by the grace of God was all the orders organized, companies called, and food located for today's meals after not being delivered today. Only by God's grace did I have the strength to deal with every detail with my boss snowed in at her home. Only by God's grace was any of that possible because of my physical well-being and how weak I am. His power is perfected in weakness, His glory must shine. It is to His name that all these things took place.

Only by His good and perfect, powerful grace did He provide a place for me to sleep, not just one, but two nights to keep me from the bitter cold and damage my ailing body through trudging out in that deep, deep snow. How His grace has showered over me, and that I can see so clear and plain this week. May I not forget the richness of His grace He has so freely given to me. May His name be glorified!

No comments:

Post a Comment