Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010

As this year winds to a rapid end, I decided to look at all my status updates I had this past year on facebook. The reoccurring theme and the ones I loved the most had to do with the faithfulness of the Lord and His provision, and people in my life who have loved me so much.

This has been a great year. God has taught me much. He has stretched me in ways I never thought I'd have to be stretched in. He is still working on me. He is sanctifying me. I'm thankful for it all, the good and the bad, as I look back over it all, I see the necessity of each little trial or joy, for I am closer to Him.

What will 2011 bring? What surprises does the Lord have in store? What battles will I face? How will I see Him so mightily do this year?

I'm trying to live as if each day is so important and taking me one day closer to being with Jesus in Glory. I want to let this be what motivates me to get out of bed in the morning and what drives me while I'm at my job and working with people all day. Can I live in a way that radiates Christ to all I encounter? Lord, make that be 2011. Show me how to love like You. Help me to live today as if I'm going to see You in my next breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment