Wednesday, December 22, 2010

chore boots, carharts, cows

These things are home to me. I don't mind the fact that I live in Chicago and walk around in a carhart and chore boots, for me it is part of who I am. I don't care too much that those may not be the style for Chicago, it is totally the style where I come from and it is practical.

Today in the Denver airport, I looked at Ruth and said, "We're definitely in Colorado." A good mix of people in carharts, boots, and others in outdoor mountain gear.

We were landing in Grand Junction and I looked out the plane window and saw a herd of cattle. Oh the beauty!

Sam was driving us home, and all we saw for miles was wide open spaces. No more starbucks! :) WE are out west, where the wild things are, the warmness of people who care, and the joy of a small country mountain home.

No comments:

Post a Comment