Friday, December 10, 2010

Boys (plural)

Only three days left with the little boys, then I start a job supervising college boys.
Oh how funny.

I just was thinking about this tonight and how often in my life I've just naturally been the only girl in a group of guys, or had to work with just boys.

I love it. Of course. But it is kinda humerus to me just how often this has occurred.

For instance:

way back in 6th grade, at youth group it would be me, Grady & Brian

in sophomore english, it was me, Trevor & Jason

senior year, it was me & Rowdy or me, Randy & Michael

my first PCM at Moody, me, the only girl with 4 boys, every Sunday.

my first break at Moody, worked with two guys

working dishcrew the night of JSB my sophomore year, I was the only girl

countless shifts and other random jobs at Moody where it was me and boys

Friday nights with the Goossen boys in the library watching movies or them picking me up from babysitting

Going with Killer & all the guys from his floor to a movie one night... which led to many more movie nights with Reb & the boys from 17

PCM my senior year, Nate, Alan, Tyler, Cory & me... at least they let me sit in the front and tune the radio...

Needless to say, I love boys and most of these situations and the others I didn't remember to record right now, were just naturally part of life, not really that I chose to be in those situations because of boys or the boys participating in the events.

I look forward to working with some great guys in the near future. I already know they're great and they will probably teach me so much. I look forward to this!

The best part of having so many guy friends is twofold:
1. I can bake them yummy treats, and they love me for it.
2. I have an ENTIRE army to interrogate, beat up, and destroy anyone who wants to mess with me.


So here's my ode to boys. Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment