Thursday, December 16, 2010

Importance

Today was the first time in a long while that I have felt like I have some meaning or importance. What a satisfying feeling to know, see, and experience actually helping and making a difference, and to love love love to do it and get paid for it too!

I guess something I have learned about today is that for all my life my parents and grandma have pushed me to do what I love, no matter what. They taught me to work hard and to do any job well. Even the challenging jobs that aren't fun. I'd like to think that I can do that. At the same time though, I have also been encouraged all my life to strive for what I love and run after what I was created to do and the person God made me to be. That is why today meant so much. I can see so much more clearly after today that I am so absolutely meant to work with people in a community. Not just for my benefit, no no. For Him, for His Glory. This is where I thrive because of how God made me. This is where my gifting comes alive. It is ok to want to go to work every day and to love every minute of it. It is ok to do something one loves, because really, isn't that how God made us anyhow? He's the one who gave us the love of whatever it is.

As I think about all that has come in place in the last few months, I cannot help but be thankful for the things that God has taught me though it all. I am reminded that these same influential people who pushed me to strive after what I love and work hard, also taught me to learn something from every situation and circumstance. Even the bad or not so enjoyable moments are in place for a reason and lessons can be learned from it all. I am so thankful for these people who have taught me these things, and for these experiences that have sharpened me and grown me. I'm sure there are more ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment