Friday, January 21, 2011

Life as One

I guess it comes with this 'age' or 'stage' in life, I have found that the majority of my friends are married now.

Which is wonderful. Because most of them I know and have known both since before they were married, and it has been fun to see them come together because of God.

Tonight I spent time with some of these special married friends, and they were/are just so encouraging to me.

One of my friends spoke some solid truth and admonishment to me. I needed to hear his guy perspective. Soooo helpful.

I am encouraged by these people who confess to me that they too have fears, that they too never thought or even still think they were ever 'ready' to be married. Most of all, I'm encouraged to know from these friends that in no way has their spouse 'completed' the other, or 'filled' an area inside of them, as individuals their only real need is still Christ and each of them will eventually fail the other.

Some of my other friends I spent time with today are single guys. Godly men. Guys who are genuine, loving, funny, people love them, and are so fine with being single. I appreciate their friendships too. What great people.

Oh the things that I've pondered today because of these great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment