Sunday, January 9, 2011

Life Means So Much

This past week has been sprinkled with death.

Two men I knew only fairly well, and another lady on the verge, not sure even at this point if she is still around or not.

I have been all sniffles since Thursday evening due to an allergic reaction to lotion on my face. But I feel like I have been crying non-stop since I heard of the brutal death of my friend who was beaten to death and stripped and left out in the bitter cold until someone found him.

I wasn't able to actually shed tears until tonight. Fellowship with the people who knew Uncle Ben too, only around those people have I been able to actually begin the grieving. The real tears have come.

The song "Life Means So Much" by Chris Rice has been running through my mind all week, even before the deaths hit on Thursday.

--Every day is a gift you've been given
--Make the most of the time every minute you're living

If you're reading this, please, I challenge you to make the most of the time and life you've been given. Stop striving so hard for what you don't have and what you want so bad. Enjoy what is right in front of you. We are not guaranteed tomorrow.

I rejoice that for one of these people who passed this week, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, he is in Glory with his Savior and there is now way he would trade that to come back to this cruel world and be with us another second!

If you don't know Christ, please find Him. Follow Him. He is victorious over death and He makes life worth living. Every second.

No comments:

Post a Comment