Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chocolat

I just watched this movie for the first time tonight and I am totally inspired to enjoy every moment of life and to love others as who they are, to take them as they are and find the good in everyone. To be Christ to those who are looked passed.

My heart is so full. I cannot contain the feeling inside of me. It is not just from this movie, but also through the deep conversations I've had with close friends in the last 24 hours. I cannot explain what the Body of Christ has done for me in the past few hours. I am so encouraged and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I belong to Him and there is a future for me way beyond my imagination.

I simply want to serve my God with all that I am. I want to use the gifts He has given me to show His love to all who I encounter. I want to cook meals and open my home. I want to use food to draw people together and allow for conversations to flow and real issues to pour out onto the table. I want the hurts and pains and reality of life of those around me to be exposed because of the Love of Christ that can heal all and that can redeem all. I want to help the hurting and the broken. I want to listen and laugh. I want to serve and love. I want to bake, cook, and sew.

I don't want to be bound to some strict decree of dos and don'ts. I want to live in the freedom of Christ that I have. I want this freedom to be experienced by all. I will live for Him and obey Him. I will serve Him. I want to worship Him with the things He has made me good at. He is to be honored through the life He has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment