Sunday, September 26, 2010

Laughter

Laughter is so beautiful. My roommate gave a passionate spill on laughter last night which opened my eyes to looking at it with a different perspective. Laughter is so genuine. It is something God uses to bind people together. It opens up one person to another (or a group). It is so beautiful.

Tonight I found myself laughing to myself out loud as I thought over a situation that happened tonight. Oh dear. I love those moments that I find myself actually laughing out loud and no one else is there. Ha ha... it is really great. But really, laughing with people is even BETTER!

We began studying the Book of Ruth at church tonight. I had forgotten for some reason that Ruth's name means friendship. We were challenged to think of what friendship means and to think of times we've not had friends. I thought of my friends. These wonderful people God has placed in my life. I love them. I hope I am a good friend. I know that my true, deep friends are those who I have been there through some really rough stuff and we have shared the craziest, most fun times too. I think the hard stuff makes us better friends. I thank God for those people who have been there through the tears and the belly-aching laughter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment