Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Redeemer Lives

Today I am reminded of the simple fact that God is Just and He Redeems even the most dark and hurtful things.

I don't know or pretend to understand how God works concerning time in the human conception of it, but He is sovereign. I saw that today.

I feel like my world has been shattered and I am lost, left on the side of the road, tattered, torn, broken, bruised, abused, used, manipulated, and left to die.

But then I realize, I'm not standing there alone. NO, this One is standing by me, He looks much worse than I do, and I know who He is, I've seen Him before. He reaches out to me and says, "I look this way and endure this for YOU. Because I LOVE YOU. I will NEVER leave YOU. YOU belong to ME, I still love YOU regardless of the beating you have taken and the mistakes you have made. YOU are MINE. Trust Me, My child." And with that, all I can do is bury my head in His bloody chest and cry as I cast it all into His arms again.

As the tears still fall, He lifts my chin, and looks into my eyes, grabs my hand and says "I give you HOPE. Keep walking, but with Me this time. Don't run ahead. Keep your eyes on Me. I will not fail you. I LOVE YOU."

It hurts to walk, the pain is still there, but I am somehow able to start down the road again because of Him, because He is there, holding my hand, and I'm looking into His eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment