Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Community

Tonight after work, I watched buildings and people pass by me from the bus window, and began to think about the importance of community.

The last four years I was a part of a community that provided healing, encouragement, and taught me more of who God is and how much I mean to Him. These people I miss. I miss how I could have a rough day, and just around the bend I would find a friend, someone who really did care about me and someone to do life with. I miss those people who would eat my treats I brought down to the dining room. I miss the loud conversations and the millions of laughs. I miss the deep theological discussions after chapel, as well as deep into the night when we should either be studying or sleeping.

So on the bus today, I thought, "oh sad day! I'm no longer part of a community!" THEN there was that alarm sound in my mind.... NOOOOOOO I AM A PART OF A COMMUNITY!! Everyone is. The issue now is for me to figure out my place in the community I have. What does it look like now? And just because it is different than the last four years, it is not better or worse. It is just different. The possibilities of encouragement, growth, and deep relationships still remain. The question for me is am I intentional about those in my life now? Will I continue to just be a hermit and not allow anyone else into my life because I'm in a different community? I hope and pray not. God allowed that community to infiltrate my life to better prepare me for the road ahead. Whatever that road may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment