Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thoughts and Food...Or the Lack of both

Yesterday was incredibly hot in Chicago.

I felt a little 'off' all day. Just thought it was PMS.

Awoke at 12am with a terrible belly ache.

About 10 minutes later I was saying good-bye to my dinner.

After recovering from the violence, I crawled back into my sweaty bed and draped a damp cloth on my head.

Finally some sleep.

Awoke with the strong hunger burning inside of me, to which I thought "I guess I'm better enough to go to work."

I ate about 4 crackers, drank 3 sips of coffee, showered and ran out the door.

Sat on the bus.... IN the sun the whole way.

Began feeling worse.... and worse.

Began to doze, and jolted awake just before my stop.

Walked into work and told Tammy I didn't feel good.

She went to work, Matty ate his food, then he went to sleep.

I stretched out on the couch for two hours and slept while Matty tossed and turned and eventually slept too.

I woke up around Noon and Matty was out.

I wandered to the kitchen, then the bathroom.

I felt sick.

Stayed in the bathroom.

Oh dear, round two.

Why did I come to work?

Phone rings... Tammy, I'm sick.

Matty wakes up.

We play on the floor.

Micah & Tammy come home.

The boys eat fries and chicken nuggets while I chug some Pepto.

Finally Micah is done and he goes to sleep.

Next Matty to bed.

I sit on the couch, dozing in and out as Matty plays quietly in his crib.

Tammy comes down about half hour later, I leave.

Longest trip on the bus of my life, then the el.

Stop at 7Eleven got some 7up and Naked Juice.

Climb slowly to the apartment.

Take out the trash.

Check email.

Go to bed.

Wake up an hour later to my roommate coming home with a can of Sprite in her hands.

Back to sleep, but wake up an hour later.

Hungry.

Roommate making dinner.

Smells amazing.

I'm contemplating if I should eat some.

Just as Shannon is asking if I want some, I say "I feel like throw....." But couldn't finish because, well, yep, round 3.

Alas, my conclusion of today is that 7up tastes better to throw up than water.

I have not had a meal or even food stay in me since lunch yesterday.

I have no energy.

What is this?

I never get sick, I really don't know what to do when I am.

I want to eat, but nothing really sounds good at all.

The only thing I really thought about today was how fun it would be to take a trip to Ecuador for about a week and visit the Hunters, then to go to Peru for about a week and visit Bethany and family, then go to Brasil for Nate's wedding. That would be so much fun. If only if only I had the time and the money I guess!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment