Thursday, August 19, 2010

Daydreaming

It happened again. Something about sitting on the bus just gets my mind in 'daydream' mode.

So today on the way home from work I thought about how much I love cooking/baking and the thoughts just ran from there.

What if I became a small business owner and opened a little shop in a city (Chicago?) and was only open for breakfast and lunch. I would have a counter with bar stools and a few tables. Everything on the menu would be my favorite things to cook and eat for breakfast and lunch with special names. The decor would be simple, but with a country/old fashioned theme. I'm sure there would be a John Deere tucked into some corner. :)

The little shop would be called "Reb's". I would make my own little uniform dresses out of checkered fabric and wear a different color every day. If the work got to be too much, I would have one of my brothers, probably Peter, come help me out. The goal of this little cafe would be to serve people and love them through giving food. Sure there would be prices, but I would want to get to know my regulars more than their money. Building relationships with people in a natural setting would be the goal, in order for the Gospel to be incorporated and proclaimed.

I'm sure I could expound on this dream more and more, but I guess that is all for now. I wonder some times if the majority of the people in this world enjoy the jobs they go to 9-5 Monday-Friday. Do most people really do what they love?

Then I wonder, what do I love? Is it possible to do what I love for the rest of my life? Is it better to do something I love than to make loads of money?

No comments:

Post a Comment