Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Commuting Thoughts

The man who was still digging his lawn up this morning on my walk to work. He was there last night too. Sod is still laying outside his fence. He was using the wrong shovel... maybe that's what is taking him so long?

I saw a cat chasing a bird yesterday. Made me smile.

A little boy smiled at me as I walked to work today, that really made me happy.

On the train, I couldn't help but notice all the plots of land that are sandwiched between houses that would make great vegetable gardens... but alas, they are all overgrown with weeds or old, dead cars.

More and more men these days have their noses pierced.

People who ride bikes here are crazy.

I always hope that people can't see me looking at them if I have my sunglasses on.

Some man waved frantically at me when I got on the bus today, I racked my mind trying to remember if he was a 'regular' on that route.

The Gospel should be in the Red Eye because EVERYONE reads that in the morning. Seriously, EVERYONE.

I love when little babies get on the bus and smile at me. One little one did this today, her hair was in a little pony tail, sticking STRAIGHT up... she was too cute.

I'm trying to sit up straight for the two hours I'm traveling during my day. It worked today.

I love bilingual children and overhearing their mothers speak to them and then the response is in another language.

I know more Spanish than I thought. I could hear the basics in a conversation today, that was encouraging.

Some people really probably should not wear skirts or dresses.

One man on my morning route seriously wears the same thing every day, and one of the essentials is a green fishing vest... no, he isn't even old, he's probably late 20's early 30's. With a LONG pony tail... longer than I've ever had.

In this neighborhood it I am so out of place because I do not have tattoos all over my body... or even one.

I wonder about these people who are my fellow commuters. What are their lives like? Do these business people enjoy their jobs? Do they feel stuck in an endless routine?

I don't think I always want to do the same job Monday thru Friday 9-5 for the rest of my life. I think that would get old. I guess I do need change.

No comments:

Post a Comment