Saturday, August 21, 2010

People

Britt is staying with us this weekend. So fun to have one last weekend, just the girls, before Shannon leaves. Tonight we are going to get drinks (real drinks ;) ), eat chips and salsa, and maybe watch a movie. Then tomorrow we will hang with the others who are arriving back on campus. One last sha-bang. Yeah, I'll miss my scattered, laid-back, simple, creative, funny, compassionate, daring roommate. I think I'm in denial that she is leaving. It has not hit me at all. I'm just not thinking about it.

The rest of this day has been filled with seeing people from Moody. I stopped by to meet up with Jenn because she was helping me move, and Mel & Sean were sitting in the plaza. So good to catch up with them.

A bit later Diego, Naomi & Angelica came. Then Hector. Then I saw Dre walking along, caught up with him. Talked with Alan for a bit. Then off to Jimmy's to pick up my things. Jenn is awesome, and got everything from Jimmy's into her car, and then everything from this apartment... all one trip. She is so great.

After many times up and down three flights of stairs at both apartments, and many heavy boxes, most of my things are in the new place. I even met the neighbors across the hall.

Jenn and I went back to campus just to chill before she had to work. We went to our favorite spot, the SDR, and I saw some of the boys. Dan, Colin, Michael and Big James. Colin greeted me with "Hey LITTLE GUY!!!!!" And ran to give me a big wet hug. Dan was all smiles just like always. I just love them. Then walking through the servery Big James came through the door and we both just ran and hugged! How refreshing to see familiar faces and be in one of my favorite places in all the world.

A while later the crew started to arrive. Kristina, Krystallin, new people. Then Anna showed up!! What a treat! I got to talk with Hailey for a while and catch up with her. Saw Linnae, and chatted with Tiffany. Ate with dishcrew and laughed just like old times. I felt a little funny knowing that I had been on dishcrew longer than anyone at that table, going around and remembering when all or most of them started. A little weird.

As I left campus I ran into Kyle, Cristina, and Kelsey.

Oh I love these people. It is so weird to go back to campus, but so good to see and be around people that know me and I can just be myself. It amazes me sometimes the people who are my friends, I know it is only because of the common bond of Jesus Christ that makes us friends, and that is so wonderful and beautiful. I would not have it any other way. These people have helped me become who I am today because of Christ working in us all.

I am thankful that they are not all gone, I am thankful I can go back and visit and still know a few people. That is encouraging to me. I'm glad I live here for now. I just wonder what is next.

Lord, please help me to rejoice with where I am at now. Help me to live each day as it is my last and to love those who are in my daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment