Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Culture Shock

Culture shock.

Amazing how I spent four years studying how to 'deal with' and 'go through' culture shock, but yet, I myself, did not realize I was going through it til now, week 10.

The thought hit me today on the bus. (hmmm is the bus where I receive revelations??) ;)

I decided to look through my COP notebook about culture shock. I just did that now, and yes, I meet every description in the irritation/hostility stage!! (weeks 4-11) I looked at that number, 4-11.... that is a LONG time.

I guess culture shock isn't just for people moving to different countries, it happens here in the US of A too. Probably more than we realize.

Reading the stats tonight of 'usual' happenings in culture shock/adjustment, I am encouraged that things can and will get better than how I've felt the last few days/weeks! Then I remember that I have to move AGAIN in 3 weeks. Oh dear.

Please Lord, can I stay in this building? Seriously? Can I stay? Will You allow me to stay in this wonderful housing for a little longer...only this time by myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment