Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tonight's Reflections

Finding joy in the simple things today:

Micah's infatuation of buying Sox's tickets from me through the window of our four story lego house...

Randomly seeing a green, white, and red stack of lego blocks lying on the floor... me then trying to explain to Micah that those are the colors of Italy's flag... which then he wondered what a flag is...

Moments later... Micah was saying "Miss Becca, Miss Becca, come watch Italy's Sox game!!" Only about 15 minutes later I figure out that he's named his favorite stuffed dog "Italy" who is apparently a really good baseball player :) (it took me extra long to figure this out because he kept saying "Italy" like Erie... oh dear!)

Garlic tastes good. I have cooked with it the last few nights and wow. I'm amazed that I've waited my whole life til now to use it in cooking!! It is FABULOUS!

Matty LOVES to feed himself and giggles when stuff falls out of his spoon before making it to his mouth.

Sitting on the floor cutting out pictures from magazines never gets old.

I ate BBQ chips at 11:15pm... oh my.

Aldi Limeade is a perfect thirst quencher. ($0.77 a can ! ! !)

All in all, this was a full Thursday. Managed three meals for two boys and myself, 3 naps, two baths, two little ones tucked into bed, a few stories, many corrections/scoldings, lots of playing pretend, coloring with cool crayons, all the dishes done, tables wiped and floors swept. Sigh. What a day. What a gift from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment