Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Little Things

Today was one of those days. one of those GOOD days.

Because my God is so good, I was able to relish in the beauty around me and find rest and refreshment in Him today.

I woke up and one of my roommates made me coffee. My other roommate brought me a muffin yesterday, so I ate that (for lunch-ish).

Then I proceeded to watch Sweet Home Alabama in my PJs and ate some pancakes, dried mango, and almonds. SO nice to just not have to do anything.

I jumped into the shower, and then whipped up some brownies for church.

It amazes me how simply putting on a skirt, wearing a cute top, applying mascara, and wearing my hair different can just make my day a little happier!! Even though it was pushing 90 (or more??) outside, I looked cute & felt cute! :)

Church was incredible. I love these people so much. I love how vulnerable the environment is when we gather. There were times tonight catching up specifically with Alan, Cory, Kelsey & May that I felt very uncomfortable. But they listened on and even prayed with me. I just love them. I'm glad they are all back. I missed them so much. We all miss Nate so much too. And T&T. These wonderful people have helped me see more clearly who God is.

The last little thing that I get to end my day with is mind blowing. I did not want to move from Franson (the building I lived at this summer), I thought it was the most logical place for me to live, because of the incredible opportunity to continue building into the lives of the kids I worked with last year with our church. But tonight I learned that the one girl I have the closest relationship with through our little church body lives closer to me out here at my new home than the previous place! God does know what He is doing when He had me move out here. I just hope He finds me faithful in being intentional with her to help her grow in her faith too. Oh how I desire this so badly! Lord use me to be a light to her and to love on her. Teach me through her more of who You are and how much You love.

My God is Good. HE provides. His goodness can be seen all around us. I want to so badly rejoice in the small things. Today could be 'the last day', did I live for Him alone today? Will I chose to live for Him tomorrow and rejoice in what He has for me? Will I walk into work tomorrow with joy because of who He is and not dwell so much on all that I don't like? Lord, keep me focused on YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment