Saturday, August 28, 2010

Thirsty Guy from Florida

After a delightful time of catching up with my good, Godly friend Evan this morning, I went to the thrift store that is close to the little coffee shop we were at. I picked up a few books for a few cents each and proceeded to the check out line.

Standing there, the following conversation took place with the guy behind me:

Thirsty guy: Excuse me, your height is just so cute to me. I mean like, wow, how tall or you know, how 'short' are you?

Me (knowing that sometimes people think this type of thing to me is offensive, even though I don't even think about how 'short' I really am): Well, I'm not offended, and I'm 4'10".

Thirsty guy: Wow. Ok, so wow, your boyfriend must be like (and he raises his hands up high).

Me (thinking, um yeah, duh all the guy's I've dated have been taller than me...): Well, I don't have a boyfriend...

Thirsty guy: Oh oh ok, yeah, that's what I was wondering. So you live around here?

Me: yes. Do you?

Thirsty guy: Yeah, I just moved here from Florida. My buddies and I are trying to get that couch over there because we want to have a party and need a place for people to sit. Could you give me your number so I can call you?

Me (a little shocked): Um, I don't give out my number to strangers (!!).

I then turned around because it was (thankfully) my turn to pay at the register.

Thirsty guy: Oh ok. Yeah, I understand, I understand one thousand percent.

Wow. I could only laugh at this when I walked out the store and said "have a good day" over my shoulder.

I have NEVER had some random person hit on me like that or even ask for my number. I've been hollered at and such, but never a situation like this.

I am not sure if I should be complimented that some guy thought I looked 'cute', or if I should be insulted that that is the type of guy that is attracted to me. :( Gag.

I thought afterwords how it would have been so funny to have given him my dad's number. Haha. Or even one of my guy friends. Should I be more prepared for situations like that and come up with something better to say? Do I just look easy and that's why he hit on me? I hope not, that's not what I am intending at all when I go places!

Honestly, to me that guy was not even a man. I don't care how old or young he is, he is not a man. A real man would never do that. I'm not interested in some guy who has to ask girls out in thrift stores. I kind of feel sorry for him that that is what his life consists of.

Thank You Lord for the confidence to stand up and be strong in this situation today and for Your protection over me each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment