Monday, August 30, 2010

Gentlemen

After work I made the long hour and a half trek to Moody to meet up with an Avant friend for dinner.

I was waiting for my second bus, finally it came, I scooted my way to a comfortable spot between other standing people, and did my normal 'scan' over the bus, just to familiarize myself with those also on the bus and so that my radar is aware of any sketchy such individuals who I need to avoid. (ok, I never actually think all of that through, it is more just a natural thing as I step onto the bus or el).

My eyes caught on a familiar face. I gasped "Jon!!". We exchanged hellos, and he being the gentleman he always is, offered me his seat. As we caught up and the bus got close to Moody, Jon said "I'll just walk you to Moody." So sweet. He then crossed the street with me and opened the door for me. I was so happy to run into him today!

Then had dinner with Josh, who I am so thankful for and the big brother input and advice he gave tonight, much needed! I appreciate him and Meghan so much in my life, especially in the last two months. You guys have been such an encouragement and help to me, probably more than you know. Thank you!

As I was then leaving Moody, I saw Adam. Oh dear Adam. He greeted me with a big hug and wanted to know what I'm up to now. I told him about my run-in with Jon on the bus, to which he decided that the three of us need to hang out just like 'old times' before Jon leaves. To which of course I would be delighted to reunite with two of the boys from the back row of Hebrews class last fall. I guess I just missed Sam today, oh well, he's getting married soon, that's good. These three guys are some of the top gentlemen around, seriously. I am honored that they would allow me to sit with them for an entire semester. I am sure it is not because of them I flunked that class, I'm sure it was more the fact of my lack of discipline. I probably learned more from them in that class than from any of the textbook I did read.

Thank You Lord for these gentlemen who have really just encouraged me today. You have given me such wonderful friends. Help me to be a good friend in return, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment