Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Iron

Proverbs 27:17 (yes, in the good ole NKJV) :)
As iron sharpens iron,
So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.

I thought today about what has transpired in the last three months for me. So much, but today I focused on two people who God has used over the last few years to shape me into who I am today.



This is a picture of Nate & I back-in-the-day when we first really started hanging out ALL THE TIME.

He stretched me and challenged me more than any other guy on this earth ever has. I am so thankful for his friendship, company, and all the learning we got to do together. He is such a good brother and man of God. I said good-bye to him back in June. Oh but the memories remain. Many, many memories. How could I not remember him? He is the one I shared PCM, work, church, and the majority of my classes with, how could I not miss him?

I'm praising the Lord right now, he just got engaged this weekend, and I could not be happier... I KNOW this man NEEDS a wife... lol

Then today...

....aaaarrrrgggggggggg....

.....today.....

Has it hit me yet??

No.

Will it?

Probably. :( However, it may take a bit.



Today this beautiful, wonderful, amazing, Godly woman left me.

I lugged her 100lb suitcase down three flights of stairs in my PJ's and gave her a brief hug at 7am this morning. That was our good-bye. Will I see her again? I have no idea on this side of Heaven, that's for sure.

Shannon has been one of the most sharpening people I've ever been with. I did life with her for the last two years at least. She has challenged me in virtually every way of my life, thinking, and doing things. Seriously, from hanging out with people of other cultures, to not letting the air out of a zip-lock bag... she has stretched me time and time again out of my comfort zone and forced me to be less selfish. I don't think she realizes half the time the stretching the Lord uses through her in my life, but few people in my life affect me like she does.

So I guess the grieving begins (or continues) as I begin to process and adjust to two of my closest friends moving on with their lives. I cannot help but wonder who will be the next person in my life God will use to sharpen and mold me? Will I be willing to allow someone else in at that level?

Oh Lord, please make me Iron in someone else's life, and help me allow others to be the iron I need too.

No comments:

Post a Comment