Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Faces in Pumpkins

Crunchy leaves, crisp air, apples, caramel, cider, and PUMPKINS.

Last year at this time was my first ever in my life venture out to a pumpkin patch while I was visiting my sister in NY for my fall break. That was such a fun thing to do and I can't help but wish I could do it again. The only reason that I had never been to a big pumpkin patch before was because as kids we grew our own pumpkins in our garden then dad would have us fill the truck up and take them to church and give them out. But we always kept some too, for carving or even for mom's yummy stew she baked IN the pumpkin. I love love love the pumpkin seeds too.

I guess this is one of those self-pity posts. I want to go to a pumpkin patch. But it is not a place a person goes by themselves. It isn't even a good date in my opinion, it is what a family does. Then I want to carve pumpkins. Just one would do. And save the seeds and toast them and snack on them.

I really miss my family tonight. I really am fine with my independence most of the time, really probably all of the time. I don't know why it is a little rougher today. Maybe because I talked to grandma two times yesterday and realized that I haven't seen her or my older sister since Christmas. Or maybe it is realizing that in six short weeks it will be the first time in my entire life I will not be at my grandma's house for Thanksgiving with my family, which is by far the biggest family gathering and holiday in the Williamson household. Or maybe it is realizing today as I stood in the dentist office with two screaming boys that my mom is wonderful and I miss her terribly. And then the other possibility as to why I miss them so much tonight especially is because Tyler & Alan both said their parents are coming this weekend. Tyler's from Georgia and Alan's from Ohio... and then I remembered that my mom is going to visit my sister this weekend. And I get to see her (hopefully) as she changes flights in Chicago. I cannot help but hope that I get to see her for longer than 5 minutes, and that I actually make it to the airport before her flight arrives.

I think I will break down and cry a million tears and be the biggest baby if I don't get to see my mom on Thursday night. I just need to see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment