Saturday, October 9, 2010

Mom & Trust

So today I have spent many hours by myself. Which is fine, just lots of time to think. I watched a movie this morning and then all I have been able to think about for the rest of the day has been about one day being a mom. And although that is very scary, it is also very appealing. I think it sounds like such a privilege to be allowed to carry life into this world and grow them up into followers of Christ. I want to be a theology mom. I want my children to begin learning how to do theology from day one. I want them to think of others and love like Jesus. I want to have little boys and girls to hug close and teach the practical things of life. I want to be the busy mom who has to take the kids here and there, organize birthdays, wipe tears, sooth during sickness, and play in the mud. I want to have to fold laundry, clean and decorate a house.

I think of all these things and then remember that a man is kinda needed for this all to take place. And as much as I want there to be a man, I am so scared.

As I examined myself today, my trust in men is so so so low. I don't really trust them to be more than friends any more. That is so sad. I don't know, I guess it will be an act of God if I do actually get to be a wife and a mom one day. All I can imagine is that possibly I could marry a good friend...then a lot of trust would already be there. But is that possible?

Oh God, take these fears and all these things I want. I may never get any of the things I wrote about here, and if that is for Your glory, may it be so. I ask though that if it is Your will please may I have these things? Draw me close to You, help me to never lose sight of You. Let me watch as You guide me through this life You have given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment