Saturday, October 16, 2010

Questions

Life is full of questions.

Where are you from? What are you doing? What's the next step? How are you going to do that?

Not that questions are bad, but sometimes I just don't know how to answer them.

Sometimes the answers to these questions are hard. Sometimes it is hard to even get to the point about something and move forward.

Today an answer to one of these questions came and it was hard. It is that good hard though. Good in the sense that now we can move on to another question: What's next? or even What now?

I wish I knew. Sure I have plans and so many good things to look at, but really is there something else out there that will just plop up and be 'the thing' that is next? What will God do?

I think of that and then remember my friend Tim's words, "...sometimes you just HAVE to decide and move forward..." So did I do that? Am I moving forward? Or am I just a flake?

Well I know this, I'm still waiting, but on something different. This week has proved to be what I had hoped it to be: a week that would produce some direction.

Direction:
I am not going to Rome with the team.
I am looking into a different job that is actually turning out to be more promising than I had even imagined.
Just before writing this blog tonight I applied to be an RA at BFA in Germany.


Without any doubt these past few days have left me assured that I have some of the greatest friends in all the world and only is this true because of the grace of my Savior and the love of my God. He has showered His abundant love on me and cares so deeply for me. I will trust Him, for I cannot trust men or even myself, but I can trust in the One who knows me better than I even know myself. I can trust my Maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment