Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Prompting

The prompting of the Holy Spirit is such a curious thing to me. It fascinates me. Maybe it is something that can't really be understood or explained. All I know is that as of lately, I have experienced the prompting of the Spirit to pray for certain people, later to find out good reason why there could have been such prompting of the Spirit.

In the last week two young families I know have lost precious little ones. My heart has been so heavy for these couples. I am overwhelmed by the thoughts of what they must be feeling and thinking and how hard this time must be for them. I don't know how anyone could endure such terrible losses without a Father to lean on. The life of these little ones truly is a testimony, even if their lives here on earth were not as long as the rest of us would have wanted, God's name is glorified through the reaction of their parents who have chosen to serve Him and glorify His name no matter the circumstance.

I am left a little concerned though. Concerned that maybe I don't listen or am not as aware as I should be to the prompting of the Spirit. I wonder how often He prompts me to do something and if I have just become so used to the uncomfortable requests, that I no longer hear Him when He is prompting me to do something.

My prayer tonight is that I would be more sensitive to the leading of the Spirit in every moment of my day, so that I can truly learn to obey Him and bring glory to the Father. Reveal to me the things that I block out and the areas I need work. Refine me and clean me up. Take the things I hold on to that You tell me to give up. Thank You for the lives of the little ones who have touched me in the past week. I know they sit with You now.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I agree... I wonder the same thing.. how often do I not listen to what the Spirit is saying.. This post was such a great reminder to ask God for sensitivity towards the Spirit! What an awesome prayer!Amen!! Thank you for sharing this.. you encourage me.. love ya!

    ReplyDelete