Saturday, October 2, 2010

Food

Ok, so I realize I decided to blog at 12:37 AM......... after 13.5 hours of babysitting........... so I guess take this post with a grain of salt??

I love food.

This seriously hit me time and time again today. (well, I think about how much I love it often actually...)

But today I just really really love food. I think I am passionate about food for many reasons, but the biggest is because it is the most fun to enjoy food with other people. It is something that everyone can drop their lives and enjoy eating together and just bring all the differences 'to the table' for a fine blend of personality, flavor, and of course relationships. I love table time.

I catch myself thinking about food and almost feeling guilty about it and thinking, OH goodness, I can't have this as an idol or love it more than God, or be too prideful about my cooking. Then I have the reoccurring thoughts like I did today: remember how much I loved to cook and bake and mix and season when I was little? That little girl who got up every morning on the farm to make breakfast for the family and then in the afternoons whip up a mean mud pie is the same me. I really believe that every human has the need to express themselves through some sort of creative means/outlet, and for me this is done in the kitchen. That is the person God has made me to be. The challenge then is to not let what He has given me take over and control me, but to continually used the things He has given me as strengths to bring more and more and more glory to His name.

It is to His name and honor forever and ever. It is because of Him that I love to cook and bake and hopefully will never grow tired of it. I can only hope for more opportunities to share the love of Jesus through sharing the love of food and good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment