Friday, October 22, 2010

Solo for Food

So if I think about it I could list all the things I ate in the last 24 hours... and it would be a short list. But the problem is more that I don't think about it. It is more like, "hmm... when WAS the last time I ate?" And then I realize how LITTLE I ate the last time it WAS.

As I have thought about this more, I know that stress is probably related to this weight loss and lack of food eating problem, but I know there is some self discipline needed as well as simply the fact that my life is different than when I was at student.

Anyhow, tonight I am a little concerned for the next two days. My roommates are gone. Not that I only eat when they are around, but I will be alone for a lot of time and honestly, what if I just forget to eat or just push it off because there is no one here to share a meal with? How pathetic. I love food so much, but I love it more and more and more when there are actually people to eat with. Of course, I'm glad my roommates get to go away for the weekend and I'm not writing this to say that I wish they would stay, however, I am saying here that food should be partaken of in the presence of others. It should be shared. Thankfully the Body of Christ will be dining in my apartment on Sunday night and I am so so so glad!

One thing I look forward to with this is that we will partake of the elements that remind us of what Christ has done for us and part of what we do with that is wash feet, fellowship, break bread, drink 'wine', and anticipate the coming day when we will be at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. I look forward to that day when we will be in glory with the Father and that meal will be spread perfectly and there will be plenty of people to share it with! How wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment