Friday, October 15, 2010

Oh community!

How this week has been an encouragement!
This week my two worlds of Avant and Moody collided and I LOVED every moment of it.

I am completely exhausted and I feel so blessed, encouraged, and stretched spiritually. All in the good way. That is when I'm reminded that all of those things mean that I was in a community again for a few days...oh how I miss that! Sure I have people all around me as I commute to work and all that jazz every day, but it is one thing to be surrounded by tons of people on the bus and then run around the yard with two little boys, but it is a whole other thing to be in a place where in every interaction with people one is genuinely asked how they are doing and expect an update on his or her life. That is draining, but in a good way. That is when the encouragement and spiritual stretching comes.

I spent significant amounts of time with people this week who are sensitive to feelings, caring, and loving. Significant time with people who just want to serve God and strive to be closer to Him daily.

Last night I think I cried off more of my mascara than I usually wash off. It was melt down time. I realized that I am still hurt from things in the past. I don't know why I thought the pain would 'just be gone', but it is still there and will take some time to heal.

I don't know what I would do without my friends who cry with me and simpathyze in my weakness and struggles. I appreciate so much the fact that they would take time so unselfishly to sit and listen, let me cry, and speak truth to me. Oh how comforting it is to hear a good friend assure me he knows what I am dealing with, and he is not being shallow about it, because I know enough of his story too, he really does understand. I just needed that, to be understood. I'm thankful for that.

These people I spent time with this week are such blessings from the Lord and I am so thankful that God has allowed our paths to cross at this point in all our lives. Oh how I hope that I can be less of myself and more of Christ to those I interact with daily. May I be willing to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment