Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Oh Tumbleweed How Did You Get Here??!!??

So I was thinking today that my posts have been a little on the down and deep side... so here's for a more light and fun post...

Today during my commute I decided to find things I LOVE, what you read as follows are the things I remember from the chunk of time in my day spent traveling to and from work:

I decided today my favorite foods are potatoes, onions, and bacon. Can never have enough. And they all three are so versatile.

Green and yellow are by far the BEST color combination, but only if it is the John Deere shades. (this little reminder I give thanks to the man in front of me when I stepped off the Blue Line this morning on the way to the bus, his shirts were perfect shades of G&Y)

My favorite TV channel is Food Network. Amazing.

Playdough is one of my fondest memories as a child, and today we played with playdough... oh the joy! I made a little pizza slice.

Crunchy chicken and pasta with butter, cheese and garlic salt makes for a tasty lunch.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE clean laundry, and I even LOVE folding it.

It occurred to me today that I could probably dress up for Halloween and go trick or treating and everyone would think I'm a kid... maybe I'll try, just have to find a costume and some kids to go with...

I love being in a kitchen. Something about it just is soothing.

I am realizing the vast amounts of foods we ate as children were things Mom made from scratch, therefore, most of everything I know how to make is from scratch... apparently, that is not 'normal'...but oh wow, so so so much better. I don't think I'll change that, I love cooking & baking from scratch, even if it takes more time, it trumps all in the realm of flavor and love.

And last of all to make this post complete, the little thought that inspired the title of this writing tonight:

There I was, briskly walking through the rumbling wind as the sky darkened by the second. I was thinking to myself about how I left work at 5pm and I was about 5 minutes from my apartment and it was about 6:30pm... why does it take so LONG to get home sometimes??

I wandered over crunchy leaves, past the spooky houses decked out with spider webs, tomb stones, spiders, and pumpkins. Anxious to get home, I quickened my pace, only to look down and realize something was in the way. No, it wasn't another tarp like the one a few houses back, but rather, this large large tumbleweed had found his new home lodged on a fence and was overtaking the sidewalk. At first it didn't even hit me that this large tumbleweed was so out of place. Then as I stepped around it, I began to wonder where this tumbleweed was from. I cannot help but wonder if it comes from the Colorado plains. Maybe even from the back yard of the home I left almost 5 years ago. Oh well, here's to the tumbleweed who made my night and made me smile and now has a post on my blog. Just not something this small town country girl sees every day in this big city!

No comments:

Post a Comment